Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tailored Jacket - Progress Update

Dear Readers

Another day and another stitch on my tailored jacket. I am pleased to advise that jacket is coming along nicely and I have done fair bit of work on basting/interfacing and overall marking and preparation before I start sewing.




Truth to be told, you can't rush the jacket  projects - I find if I do everyday little bit and stay focused then I  am confident that project will result in really nice garment that I will love to wear.

For some reason I thought (when I started sewing) that jackets are really easy and not so much time consuming to make - well that is incorrect. I can tell you (from my own experience) that there are so many pieces in the jacket that you really need a list (pattern item list) to stay on top of it and ensure that all items have been cut out :D

As you can see from the photo above - I am armed with my Tailoring How to Book  and ready to start putting together my first jacket :) sooo excited


The scene is set and I will dedicate 1 hour for sewing today. Updates to follow...

Have a great day and let me know if you are currently working on  any jacket project/s  and how it is all going?

Blessings !!!!!

M



No comments:

Post a Comment