Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Japanese Cotton Suit- Loads of colour!!!


Hello Friends,

Happy 2014 and best wishes for  the  New Year!!

I thought I upload photos of my latest creation that I made over  the Xmas holidays. I had few days off over Xmas hence  I couldn't just relax and do nothing - instead I decided to draft the pattern  for this simple outfit. I went with simple patternmaking technique as I wanted fabric pattern and colour to be the center of attention instead of pattern pieces etc.

I thought I celebrate the summer here in Australia through selected colours.Do you think I went bit overboard with the colour match? I think it is lovely, the only problem is I don't know where to wear it. Mardi Gras is coming up, I might just wear it then:)


This jacket is made from  wonderful Japanese cotton that is so nice to wear and absolute dream to work with.

Picot Jacket
Matching Shorts
Collar Closeup

Too Gay? or Ok?


Best wishes for 2014 and happy sewing !!!!

5 comments:

  1. A suit that Graham Norton would wear! It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love it! What wonderful fabric and what better way to show off than in a suit coat. If you don't wear it - can I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Festive suit. Great for a party, celebration, or picnic. Quite 70s. Charles Nelson Rielly would have looked fabulous in it as I am sure you do.

    ReplyDelete